Important When you work on a workbook in Compatibility Mode, where the workbook is in Excel 97-2003 Binary file format (BIFF8) instead of the new Office Excel 2007 XML-based file format (.xlsx), the Compatibility Checker is automatically run when you save a workbook.
- In Office Excel 2007, open the workbook that you want to check for compatibility. How to open a workbook
- Click Microsoft Office Button , and then click Open.
- Click Microsoft Office Button , click Prepare, and then click Run Compatibility Checker.
- To check the workbook for compatibility every time that you save it, select the Check compatibility when saving this workbook check box.
- To create a report in a separate worksheet of all the issues that are listed in the Summary box, click Copy to New Sheet.
- Tip If available, you can click Fix to resolve simple issues. For more complex issues, click Help for more information.